Sunday, December 18, 2011

The boys Christmas program

The boy's school Christmas program and Lauren's first band concert were being held on the same day and at the same time. I asked Mike if he would go to the boy's program and I would go to Lauren's. 

At the end of the evening we both came home and hung out for a bit before we put the boys down for bed. After the boys settled down, I saw the pictures that Mike took of the boys program.  While he was taking pictures he had someone else take video.  I looked through the pictures and was anxiously rewinding the tape to watch the Christmas program where the boys got on stage to sing and to say their names.  Imagine my surprise when I saw only bits and pieces of the program, a ton of video of the carpet, and only one of the boys saying "Merry Christmas, my name is Travis."  It was not a good night - I don't think I said anything to anyone for about 30 minutes. I know we will look back at this and laugh....but I'm unsure how long it will take me to get to that point ;-)

I've put out a request for any of the other parents to burn me a tape of the program and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can see all three of my boys in the program singing the entire two songs and hearing them all say "Merry Christmas, my name is..."

It looks like a cute little program; hopefully I can see next year!



 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...