Monday, December 7, 2009

So late on this one..as usual.

Can you imagine what I've been doing since my last post? Yes, that is right..I've been sitting on my butt watching Desperate Housewives and eating bon bons!! Oh in my dreams.

Brenda flew in the Saturday before Thanksgiving and stayed until the Sunday after the holiday. We picked her up from the airport and headed to lunch. I figured we don't get out to eat much and with an extra adult with us I wanted to take advantage. We went to The Rainforest Cafe because Lauren has been wanting to go there for a very long time. With all the activity with the animatronics and the people at the restaurant, the boys handled it very well. They ate what I took for them to eat as well as what we ordered. But when the boys are done eating, it's time to go. I've never seen three adults scarf down their food so fast as we did that day.



























We hung out at the house on Sunday and made our bimonthly trip to Costco. On Monday we packed everyone up and drove to the Fossil Rim Wildlife Center. It's about a 2 hour drive there and then you can take as long as you want going thru the drive thru Safari. We stopped half way at the restaurant/petting zoo/gift shop area to let the boys get out and run. The drive home was a bit stressful as the boys were AGAIN hungry and we hit traffic coming back into Dallas. I felt terrible as I fed my kids fast food all day, but when they eat everything you have brought - what else could I do??








































For the rest of the week we just mainly hung out with Aunt Brenda, watching baby Lauren videos, baby boy videos, baby Keaton and Drew videos, and old videos that Mom and Dad made for me of the family while I was living in Hawaii back in the 90's. Of course we didn't get through them all...but that will be for another visit. But I think I have decided to make a montage of the ones for Keaton - by the time he graduates from high school, the video should be done!! ;-)

Thanksgiving went off without any problems. Everyone brought some good food and none of us cooked to feed an army this year...although the memo will go out next year that if you bring a dessert, it goes home with you. I had the pecan pie, pumpkin pie, and pumpkin roll that I made, Mom's apple pie and carrot roll, and the Coconut cream pie that Tiff brought all left at the house...NOONE wanted to take anything sweet home!!! Let's just say, none of it went to waste!!



























Christmas cards are printed and the envelopes are being addressed this morning. Thanks to some frugal website that I frequent, I've gotten 75 photo cards for a whopping $3.19!! Now if I can just get that kind of deal on stamps!!

Lauren was in the city parade on Saturday as the Grinch. Her girl scout troop decided to be do a float and the came up with the design on Thursday evening. So what did that mean for Mom? Friday morning I was getting all the boys ready to go to Joann's fabric store to make a grinch costume. Let's just say that I'm glad that the parade was at night and only illuminated by the xmas lights on the floats!!




















There is so much more going on here but will post all about that later (how much later is the question huh?)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...